You can use the Key Generator portal to add, view, and edit a web key generator. To add a web key generator, do the following:
- In the main menu, select Products & Delivery > Add Web Key Generator. The Key Generator portal opens.
Enter information in the following fields:
Field Description Name Enter a unique name for the key generator. Path
Enter the full URL of the key generator.
The URL of your key generator must have an HTTPS scheme.
SSL certificates for HTTPS are only supported if they are signed by a trusted authority.
Authenticate Select to authenticate username and password access to the key generator. Username and Password Enter a username and password to access the key generator. Interface Select Type 1, unless Client Experience has instructed you otherwise. Character Encoding Select the type of XML character encoding to use for the key generation. Most clients typically choose Unicode (UTF-8). Use Romanized Contact Values Select to render western characters for the Company, First name, and Last name contact values for languages such as Chinese, Japanese, and Russian. Call Once Per Purchase If checked, the key generator is called once for the entire purchase in the shopping cart. If left unchecked, the key generator is called once for every purchase item in the shopping cart. Notification Document Type
If selected, an XML or JSON notification with transactional data is pushed to the key generator during the API call. If not selected, the key generator will receive a limited amount of information.
XML Schema Select the XML schema version. XML notifications can be generated so that they are compatible with newer or older versions of XML. Client Handles Errors
Select if you wish to manage key generation errors on your own. If you do not select this option, cleverbridge manages key generation errors (recommended).
If a key generation or key list error occurs, the following happens:
- If you have set up this notification type, you receive an ErrorNotification.
- An error log entry is created.
- The cleverbridge platform makes up to five attempts to generate or obtain the key (after 1-2-4-8-16 hours). After each unsuccessful attempt, an ErrorNotification is sent and an error log entry created.
- If the fifth attempt to generate or obtain the key fails, our Customer Support will investigate the error (unless Client handles errors is activated).
- Click Save.