cleverbridge offers you the option to define a template for your license key. To set up a template in the Commerce Assistant, do the following:
- In the Product portal, select the product for which you would like to create a license key template.
- Under Delivery, select the Delivery Texts tab.
- Select the Key template checkbox. The Key template textbox opens.
Create a template. You can use the following placeholders:
Internal product ID
Corresponding x-parameterThe x-parameter is a variable appended to a URL that allows grouping and tracking orders for later reporting purposes. It also enables you to pass through data that you want to capture in the order process. X-parameters can also be used to control design elements based on the value of the x-parameter.
Name of the ordered product
Quantity of the ordered product
URL to download a trial version of the product
- Click Save.
Defining a template in the Commerce Assistant, as opposed to using standard software, allows you to:
- Use a generic template
- Insert placeholders that are replaced by purchase info
- Define multiple languages
- Use HTML
If you do not enter a key template, the default template is used. A key template starts with
For more information about templates, including information about email key templates, see Products ✱.