The UpdateNextBillingDate API endpoint is used to modify or postpone the next billing date for a subscription. This is commonly used to extend a billing period.
The date to which the next billing date is updated must be in the future. If the date must be set to today, set it at least one minute in the future.
Required Parameter Settings by Use Case
Only two parameters are passed when calling this function:
This function is used in the following use cases:
- Use Case: Retain Customer by Extending a Free Trial
- Use Case: Retain Customer by Extending the Next Billing Date
- Use Case: Reactivate a Subscription
- Use Case: Offer a Period of Free Service for Reactivating a Subscription
- Use Case: Track Performance of a Promotional Campaign for Subscription Customers