Assumptions and Preconditions
- The subscription has the status Active.
- All items in a subscription have the same billing interval.
- On March 12th, a customer's HDSM (High-Definition Streaming Movie) subscription renews for $5.95 for the new weekly billing interval.
- On March 15th, the client emails HDSM customers to inform them of a new service, LSE (Live Sporting Event), that can be added to a subscription for $3 weekly.
- On March 16th, the customer clicks a link in the email and is redirected to a landing page that uses the Get Subscription API endpoint to display details about the HDSM subscription.
- The customer clicks the Buy Now button on the landing page to add LSE to the subscription. The client's landing page uses the Add Subscription Item API endpoint to update the subscription details on the cleverbridge platform.
- On March 19th, the customer's next billing date, the cleverbridge platform automatically bills the customer $8.95, which is the sum of $5.95 for HDSM and $3 for LSE.
Although not utilized in this use case, the following option is also available:
- Reduce the price of the LSE subscription itemA subscription item is component of a subscription with its own set of attributes including price, description and feature set. by applying a discount coupon that was set up in the Commerce Assistant.