Assumptions and Preconditions
- The subscription has the status Active.
- On August 15th, a customer's CRM subscription is automatically renewed for $100 for the new monthly billing interval. The billing amount is based on two subscription items:
- Access: $50
- Users: $50, computed at $5 monthly multiplied by ten users
- On September 4th, the customer logs into the CRM Management Console and navigates to the Edit Subscription page. This page uses the Get Subscription API endpoint to populate the page with the customer's subscription details, including the current user quantity (10), and the next billing date (September 15th).
- The customer changes the user quantity to 15 in the entry field provided. The customer must choose between two options before the change can be submitted:
- Update immediately
- Update at next billing date (September 15th)
The customer selects to update at the next billing date. The Edit Subscription page uses the Update Subscription Item API Endpoint to update the quantity of users on the cleverbridge platform.
- On September 15th, the cleverbridge platform automatically bills the customer $125 for the monthly renewal of the subscription, which reflects $50 for access and $75 for 15 users.
Although not utilized in this use case, the following option is also available:
- Apply a discount coupon that was set up in the Commerce Assistant to reduce the price of the Users subscription itemA subscription item is component of a subscription with its own set of attributes including price, description and feature set..
Obtain the customer's consent for changes to subscriptions. For more information, see Best Practices: Obtaining Customer Consent.