Assumptions and Preconditions
- All subscription items have the status Deactivated.
- Each subscription itemA subscription item is component of a subscription with its own set of attributes including price, description and feature set. to be reactivated belongs to a currently available subscription product.
A client's MedHub subscription is sold to hospitals. It consists of two subscription items:
- Portal: $1,000 monthly for access to research studies and discussion forums
- Webinars: $250 monthly for optional webinars
- On July 1st, a customer cancels the MedHub subscription.
- On September 9th, the customer's new CEO telephones the client to reactivate the Webinars subscription item of the canceled MedHub subscription.
- The client uses an internal application to access the subscription information using the Get Subscription API.
- The client tells the customer that the Webinars subscription item must be reactivated retroactive to the date of cancelation for access to all webinars between July 1st and September 9th. The customer agrees to the retroactive reactivation.
- The client uses the same internal application to generate an email to the customer with a link to reactivate the Webinars subscription item.
- After clicking the email link, the customer is redirected to the client's reactivation page. The customer clicks a button to confirm the reactivation. The reactivation page uses the Reinstate Subscription Items API endpoint to reactivate the Webinars subscription item effective with the July 1st billing date.
- The customer is automatically billed $750 ($250 each for the months July, August, and September) in three separate billings.
- On October 1st, the next billing date, the cleverbridge platform automatically bills the customer $250 for the Webinars subscription item.
Retroactive reactivation is only an option when all subscription items have been canceled. This is because billing that occurred for one item during the time when another item is deactivated prevents retroactive billing of the deactivated item.