Assumptions and Preconditions
- The subscription has the status Deactivated.
- Each subscription itemA subscription item is component of a subscription with its own set of attributes including price, description and feature set. to be reactivated belongs to a currently available subscription product.
- On August 1st, the client emails customers who had canceled their ABC subscriptions. The email contains an offer to reactivate the subscription.
- On August 3rd, a customer clicks a link in the email that redirects the customer to a page on the client's website.
- The customer clicks a button on the page to reactivate the subscription. The page uses uses two Subscription API endpoint s to:
- The cleverbridge platform automatically bills the customer $229 for the reactivated subscription.
- On August 3rd of the following year, the cleverbridge platform automatically bills the customer $299 for the new billing interval.
The client resets the billing date to August 3rd, the date of reactivation, because:
- The original subscription's next billing date is in the past.
If the client does not reset the billing date, the customer will be billed for all billing intervals between the date of deactivation and reactivation.
- Since the next billing date is at the subscription level, changing it affects the billing of all items in the subscription.