Assumptions and Preconditions
- The subscription has the status Active.
- On June 26th, a customer’s Social Gaming subscription automatically renews for $29.95 for the new monthly billing interval.
- On July 23rd, the customer decides to relocate for three months to a country in which low Internet bandwidth makes use of the subscription impossible. The customer calls the client to cancel the subscription.
- The client’s customer service representative goes to an intranet page that uses the Get Subscription API endpoint to retrieve details on the customer’s subscription.
- The customer service representative offers to waive monthly billing for three months (until September 26th) while the customer is out of the country. After a brief negotiation, the customer agrees that, instead of canceling, the subscription should remain active and that monthly recurring billing can resume on October 10th.
- The customer service representative sets the next billing date to October 10th using an intranet page that uses the Update Next Billing Date API endpoint.
- On October 10th, the cleverbridge platform automatically bills the customer $29.95 for the new Social Gaming subscription monthly billing interval.
Obtain the customer's consent for changes to subscriptions. For more information, see Best Practices: Obtaining Customer Consent.