Assumptions and Preconditions
- The subscription has the status Active.
- The coupon code was set up in the Commerce Assistant.
- On January 1st, a customer's Enterprise Hosting subscription renews for $120 for the new monthly billing interval.
- On January 20th, the customer experiences slow page load times that adversely affect the customer's business. The customer calls the client's customer service department and threatens to cancel the subscription.
- The client's customer service representative accesses a customer subscription page using an internal support application that uses the Get Subscription API endpoint to return details for the customer's active subscriptions.
- To retain the customer's business, the customer service representative offers to discount the customer's Enterprise Hosting subscription for the next six months. The customer agrees to this.
- The customer service representative uses an internal billing adjustment tool to apply a specific coupon code (that had been set up in the Commerce Assistant) to the subscription. This tool uses the Update Subscription Item API endpoint to update the customer's subscription details on the cleverbridge platform.
- On February 1st, the next monthly renewal date, the cleverbridge platform automatically bills the customer at the discounted price of $60. The 50% discount is applied to subsequent renewal billings for five additional monthly billing intervals.