Assumptions and Preconditions
- Each subscription itemA subscription item is component of a subscription with its own set of attributes including price, description and feature set. to be reactivated belongs to a currently available subscription product.
- The x-parameterThe x-parameter is a variable appended to a URL that allows grouping and tracking orders for later reporting purposes. It also enables you to pass through data that you want to capture in the order process. X-parameters can also be used to control design elements based on the value of the x-parameter. that was set up in the Commerce Assistant is available in the cleverbridge Business Intelligence reporting tool.
- The x-parameters do not change or affect data in the past; they only affect the next billing renewal.
- On January 5th, the client creates a list of all customers who canceled their monthly subscription to the client's Anonymous Browse subscription. The client uses this list to email a 25% discount offer to customers if they reactivate the subscription. The client tracks which subscriptions were reinstated by including an x-parameter in the link in the email, for example,
- On January 6th, a customer clicks the link in the email and is redirected to a page.
- The customer accepts the reactivation offer and submits the page.
- The page uses three Subscription API endpoints to:
- The cleverbridge platform automatically bills the customer for the renewal, and the subscription x-parameter is automatically copied to the next purchase.
- On June 1st, the client uses the cleverbridge Business Intelligence reporting tool to assess campaign performance by tracking rebilling cycles based on the x-parameter.
Obtain the customer's consent for changes to subscriptions. For more information, see Best Practices: Obtaining Customer Consent