A multi-client cross-sell is a way of offering products from another client within your own order process. You, as a host client, can include a product of one of your affiliates (called a guest client) on the shopping cart page of your product.
The only requirement to do this is the guest client must be one of your affiliates. If the guest client is not one of your affiliates, send an affiliate sign-up link. For more information, see Generate Affiliate-Related Links.
By default, cleverbridge clients are no longer allowed to sell your products in cross-sales. If other companies are currently selling your products, and you want to limit these sales, contact Client Experience.
Before the guest client’s product can be linked to your product, you must determine some functional details. Provide cleverbridge with the following information:
- What is the affiliate ID of the guest client?
- Which product or products are candidates for connecting with the guest client’s products? cleverbridge needs your product ID as well as the guest client’s product ID for the cross-sell.
- Would you like a discount calculated for the products?
- How long will the cross-sell be active?
- Do you have requirements for the design of the offer in the shopping cart? If so, cleverbridge needs your design mockup. If you do not have specific design requirements, cleverbridge will create a successful design based on our experience.
Payments and commissions are calculated as follows:
- You receive payment for the product plus the agreed affiliate commission for the cross-sell.
- The guest client receives payment for the purchased cross-sell minus the affiliate commission and minus cleverbridge affiliate fees.
There are distinct business advantages in using multi-client cross-sells:
- You and the guest client both see the products’ purchase data reflected in payment notifications and reporting tools.
- The guest client has direct access to the cross-sell purchase data in the Commerce Assistant in order to send keys and troubleshoot Customer Support issues.
- cleverbridge uses existing product information from the guest client’s Commerce Assistant account so there is no need to set up and maintain additional products.
For more information, contact Client Experience.