A dynamic product is a variation of an original product that you can use in the checkout process. When offering dynamic products, you can change a product's name, price, currency and so on, without permanently altering your original product setup, creating an additional product, or creating a promotion in the Commerce Assistant.
It is best to use dynamic products for special, one-time use, such as one special pricing deal with a specific customer. Dynamic products can also be useful when you have several products in your catalog or when your products change frequently. In such circumstances, you can maintain a core group of products in the Commerce Assistant and create variations of those products to suit your business needs.
To configure a dynamic product, complete the following:
- In the main menu of the Commerce Assistant, select Setup > Account Setup.
- Click the General > Additional Details tab.
- Select the Allow dynamic products checkbox.
- Enter a Seed for dynamic products. For more information, see Step 2: Set Up Your Account > General.
- Click Save.
If you do not want to override the standard product price, but only want to override other information, such as the product name or additional name information, proceed to Step 3.
- In the main menu of the Commerce Assistant, select Products & Delivery > Products.
- Select a product from the list. The product setup page opens.
- Select the Suggested Retail Price > Price Options tab.
- Select the Allow dynamic product price checkbox.
- Click Save.
To create a dynamic product, you have two options:
- Use the dynamic product parameter in the checkout process. For more information, see List of Checkout Process Parameters > Dynamic Products.
- Open the Commerce Assistant and override the standard product information in the Dynamic Products section of Link Generator. For more information, see Link Generator ✱ > Link Generator ✱.