A dynamic product is a variation of an original product that you can use in the checkout process. When offering dynamic products, you can change a product's name, price, currency and so on, without permanently altering your original product setup, creating an additional product, or creating a promotion in the Commerce Assistant.
It is best to use dynamic products for special, one-time use, such as one special pricing deal with a specific customer. Dynamic products can also be useful when you have several products in your catalog or when your products change frequently. In such circumstances, you can maintain a core group of products in the Commerce Assistant and create variations of those products to suit your business needs.
To configure a dynamic product, complete the following:
- In the main menu of the Commerce Assistant, select Setup > Account Setup.
- Click the General > Additional Details tab.
- Select the Allow dynamic products checkbox.
- Enter a Seed for dynamic products.
- Click Save.
For more information on these fields, see Account Setup ✱.
If you do not want to override the standard product price, but only want to override other information, such as the product name or additional name information, proceed to Step 3.
- In the main menu of the Commerce Assistant, select Products & Delivery > Products.
- Select a product from the list. The product setup page opens.
- Select the Suggested Retail Price > Price Options tab.
- Select the Allow dynamic product price checkbox.
- Click Save.
To create a dynamic product, you have two options:
- Use the dynamic product parameter in the checkout process. For more information, see List of Checkout Process Parameters > Dynamic Products.
- Open the Commerce Assistant and override the standard product information in the Dynamic Products section of Link Generator. For more information, see Link Generator ✱ > Link Generator ✱.